Job Title: Estimator
Do you love a good challenge? Are you detailed, organized and efficient? If so, we may have the job for you.
Midwest Comfort Homes is looking for individuals to join our growing team as an estimator.
As an estimator, you will be responsible for meeting with customers in the field to evaluate their loss or remodel. Our 3D scanning camera will be used to obtain an accurate floor-plan that you will then create an estimate from within Xactimate. Pictures of the project will be necessary to prove finer details. Once the estimate is written, you will coordinate with the insurance carrier to obtain approval for the disaster loss estimate or the office to hand off remodeling estimates. At times updated estimates will be needed from the carrier or the customer as details change.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Experience in the restoration field as it relates to insurance-related disaster restoration. Three-plus years is a necessary requirement.
- Experience in the construction field as it relates to general remodeling. Three-plus years is a necessary requirement.
- Proficient use of Xactimate software for residential and commercial is a necessary requirement. A minimum of Xactimate fundamentals class is required, and other advancements are a plus and come with increased pay.
- Past employment with an insurance carrier is a plus and comes with increased pay.
- Proficient use of Matterport is a plus, but not required.
- A proficient understanding of insurance carriers’ evaluation of estimates is a plus.
- Negotiating restoration services and insurance claims settlements with the carrier. One-plus year is a necessary requirement.
- Planning, organizing, and managing your time is a mandatory requirement.
- Participating in design, process, and permit submittal.
- Ability to communicate schedules with customers for initial meetings.
- Attending all appropriate company meetings.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Clean driving record.
Midwest Comfort Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- Vehicle provided
- Gas card
- Xactimate software
- Working from home 50% + each day after the initial meeting and assessment is done
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Great team atmosphere