Restoration Contractors in Kansas City Gives 5 Examples of bad and dangerous electrical wiring systems—As a leader in fire damage restoration, MCH is often called to homes that have had an electrical fire. We have seen many dangerous electrical wiring systems that have failed and caused damage to the home. To keep you safe, we have pulled together some of the most common dangerous electrical wiring systems that we see.
Restoration Contractors in Kansas City–General Bad Electrical Wiring
This doesn’t take much explaining! If your fuse box or electrical panel looks anything like this, it is time to call an electrician to get it sorted out. This many wires all over the place is a recipe for disaster.
Restoration Contractors in Kansas City–Open Splice Causes Attic Fire
We came into this home after an electrical fire had occurred and knew immediately what happened. An open air splice in the electrical wiring systems caused a good sized fire in the attic of this home. You can see how the wiring caused this issue in the photos.
Restoration Contractors in Kansas City–Wiring Issue in Ceiling
Wiring issues may not be where you can see them. We found this issue during an installation job, luckily we caught it in time!
Restoration Contractors in Kansas City–Electrical Panel Issues
There can be issues in your electrical panel with the electrical wiring systems. Some are very noticeable while others are not. Here are some examples.
See where my finger is pointing? This is a double tapped 20 amp breaker with #14 and #12 in the same 20 amp circuit. Take a look at your panel and see if this is an issue. This could also be a problem if your breakers are flipping too often.
The wire that I am pointing too is a circuit that was extended from one breaker to feed another circuit elsewhere in the home.
If your panel looks like this, it is definitely time to have it fixed. This was a sub that was fed from a junction that is behind a shower wall!
This electrical panel has all the breakers blown because the it was way, way, way too full! The heat caused all to blow. If you see your electrical panel overloaded like this, it is a hazard.
Restoration Contractors in Kansas City–Other Bad Electrical Wiring Systems
In this bad electrical wiring systems example, the main feeders are jumped with tape.
Check your meter outside of your home. If it is not secured to the home and is pulling away, like in this photo, you need to call an electrician to secure it.
The splices are open in the rafters of this home, increasing the risk for damage and possibly fire.
AT MIDWEST COMFORT HOMES. We are your Restoration Contractors in Kansas City
Call us, and we can get your home back together again. We are a fully licensed restoration company offering fire damage restoration in Kansas City with years of experience helping people like you.
It’s not business.
The driving force behind Midwest Comfort Homes is to be among the most trusted and respected home restoration companies in Kansas City. We will communicate with you throughout the entire restoration process to make sure you’re well informed each step of the way. Our Kansas City restoration contractors will make sure you know what comes next and give you a clear timeline for project completion. Home Restoration Companies Kansas City will also be in close contact with your insurance company to ensure each step of the restoration is handled properly.